it’s been an exciting 2019! we celebrated mixer’s two-year anniversary. we got to meet many of you in person under the mixer dome at e3. and together, we brought to life the first set of experiences imagined at the start of mixer season 2. this has resulted in amazing growth in viewership on the platform. since mixer’s launch in may 2017, the total number of hours that viewers have spent watching content each month has grown nearly 17x – that’s based on an average growth rate of more than 12% each month for the past 25 months. of course… we’re not done yet.
throughout this time, there are two things that have been consistently at the core of what mixer is all about: mixer’s community and its streamers. the huairm.community is positive, welcoming and supportive, and you have consistently given us insightful feedback, ideas and support. likewise, mixer streamers are the reason we’re all here – every day, they work hard and bring their very best selves to entertain us, to teach us and to build connections with us all across mixer.
开扫雷群的经验交流today, we want to share with you our commitment and plans to continue prioritizing mixer’s community and streamers. as part of this, we are announcing 7 new programs and tools aimed at maintaining a strong huairm.community and 4 new initiatives focused on supporting streamer success on mixer.
Commitment to our Community and Digital Safety
开扫雷群的经验交流viewers on mixer should be free to enjoy great gameplay and entertainment without worrying about seeing a broadcast with harmful content. you should be free to watch or participate without having to deal with toxic behavior or bullies. streamers on mixer should be free to focus on creating great gameplay and fun content. you should feel in control when broadcasting – free from trolls, hate speech, bigotry and harassment. mixer is a community that welcomes viewers and streamers of all races, all creeds, all gender identities, all sexual orientations and all abilities. we want all members of the huairm.community to be their true and authentic selves on mixer and to feel confident that we will hold rule violators accountable for their actions.
开扫雷群的经验交流over the past several months, we’ve received more and more questions from you about digital safety and toxicity. like many of you, we’ve seen horrific examples of people abusing livestreaming platforms to broadcast heinous acts of violence. we’ve been rocked to the core not only at the acts of violence themselves, but also at the horror of these acts being broadcast so publicly and to unsuspecting viewers.
开扫雷群的经验交流we’ve also talked with many of you directly to understand your personal experiences around online toxicity and cyberbullying. we love that the huairm.community has always prided itself on being a welcoming place, and how mixer streamers, their moderators and viewers work together to keep toxicity down. we know that existing features like catbot, streamer health notifications and our rules of user conduct have helped maintain that welcoming vibe. despite the efforts of many in our community, we still hear your frustrations in dealing with the toxic behavior of a small set of people on the service – the trolls and bullies who take away from the fun experience of livestreaming.
today, we want to reaffirm our commitment to digital safety and maintaining a strong huairm.community.
开扫雷群的经验交流we are already hard at work on several new programs and tools aimed at reducing harmful content and toxic behavior so that mixer continues to be a fun, positive and welcoming community. some of these are part of a that our president, brad smith, made earlier this year.
- We adjusted the Mixer channel page to make it conspicuous and easy to report abuse right from the player window – for example, to report inappropriate content, including violent or extremist content, or violations of Mixer’s Rules of User Conduct.
- We updated our Mixer to expressly prohibit terrorist and violent extremist content.
- We’re implementing a new Streamer Review system to improve validation and monitoring of new streamers on Mixer. The initial part of this system will go into place on August 29, and streamers will need to login with their Microsoft account to enable additional screening of new streaming accounts. There will also be a 24-hour waiting period before a streamer can start their first camera-capable stream.
- We are creating a new Toxicity Screen system to give streamers information and control over interactions on their channel. This will be coming later this year and will enable new filtering options to give you control over chat participation, including more automated moderation tools and restricted chat modes.
- We recognize that community channel moderators are the unsung heroes that help to keep our streamers’ channels safe and fun. They work tirelessly behind the scenes, removing content that doesn’t adhere to a channel’s unique guidelines, and removing people from channels when necessary due to continued poor behavior. For these channel moderators, we’re working on a new Moderator Program that provides improved tools and options to support their work, while also publicly recognizing and rewarding their invaluable contributions to the community.
- We are also investing in new software capabilities and our professional moderation team to actively review broadcasts, chat and activity on the service, which will better position us to quickly take action to remove or remedy harmful content.
- Because digital safety affects the entire livestreaming industry, we are committed to sharing and learning alongside other platforms to help increase safety and confidence for all livestreamers and viewers.
Commitment to our Streamers and their Success
we’re also doubling down on our commitment to mixer streamers and to helping you achieve success on the platform. we want to create a path for all streamers to monetize their great content on mixer and ensure the steps to progress and earn increased support are transparent. for mixer partners and streamers, we’re also excited about continuing to add new, innovative ways for you to monetize your channel and grow your audience.
- We are adding the ability for all streamers to participate in monetization on Mixer, starting first with Mixer Embers and then following with channel subscriptions and additional monetization features over time. This is something we’ve been testing over the past several months, and we are excited to announce that a full roll-out of the program will be coming later this year. As we work to build the full program, we will be experimenting around both Embers and Sparks Patronage, so expect to see some changes and new experiences in the coming weeks as we learn and scale the program.
- To help you grow your channel, we are overhauling our Streamer Analytics to provide new insights into stream health, viewer engagement and audience understanding.
- We’re also adding a new Streamer Progression dashboard to make it clear what steps you can take to progress and earn access to additional promotion, streamer perks, support and monetization features on Mixer.
- Later this year, we will be launching Mixer Academy, a robust learning system to help you grow your skills in key areas such as audience engagement, branding, monetization and networking. Mixer Academy will also include a learning path for moderators to hone their skills and learn best practices for maintaining their channel.
to help focus on these investments in new programs and capabilities, we will occasionally need to make changes to existing capabilities and will always strive to share these changes with you in advance. at the end of august, we will be removing the mixer create app from mobile application stores and removing the ability to stream from that app. this does not affect the main mixer mobile app for viewers; and streamers can continue to use the main mixer mobile app as a companion experience to monitor chat during their broadcasts. this change is based both on feedback and analysis of actual usage across the huairm.community. for streamers who want to continue broadcasting directly from their mobile device, we recommend checking out the great mobile app offered from the team at .
Building Mixer Together
we are so fortunate to be a part of the amazing huairm.community that you all have built. it is our commitment to you that we will continue to invest in digital safety, and that we will continue to provide new ways to support our streamers’ success on mixer.
for more details on the changes and new programs we are building, check out and join us for a special on friday, july 26.
as always, we’d love your ideas and feedback – please share them at . thank you all for being a part of this journey and helping this great huairm.community continue to thrive and grow.
开扫雷群的经验交流and stay tuned for more in the weeks ahead….2019 is shaping up to be an exciting year!